Northumbria University Procurement Team provide professional guidance and advice on a wide range of purchasing related issues and ensure that the University procures goods, works and services in compliance with UK and European legislation (when required) whilst obtaining value for money, as well as;
- Overseeing all procurement activities within the University.
- Ensuring that the purchasing procedures and financial regulations are known and observed by all staff involved in purchasing for the University.
- Developing appropriate pre-negotiated contracts on behalf of the University to assist Principal Budget Holders in meeting their value for money obligations.
- Ensuring the University’s period contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
- Compliance with all current procurement legislation.
- The tendering of all goods works and services above £50,000.
- The vetting and approval of all potential new suppliers.
- Contract management of pre-negotiated contracts and monitoring of all expenditure.
- The purchase card scheme.
- The electronic tendering system.
- Providing procurement advice and guidance as and when required.