At Leeds Beckett University we have a central Procurement & Insurance Team of 12, managing a spend of around £80m per year on goods and services. We provide guidance and support to colleagues to ensure our University achieves value for money, complies with regulations and legislation and has a positive social impact. We tender spend over £50,000 and complete approximately 50 tenders per year.
We have a 5 year Procurement Strategy, aligned to our University’s Strategic Planning Framework, supported by 5 key objectives;
1. Facilitate the development of an effective and co-ordinated procurement structure across Leeds Beckett, minimising duplication of effort and optimising the skills and expertise of central and devolved buyers:
2. develop effective and efficient integrated Procurement systems;
3. integrate sound ethical, social and environmental considerations into University procurement practices and procedures;
4. deliver value for money through Category Management, collaboration and utilisation of contracts; and
5. facilitate good contract management and a high level of supplier engagement.