Northumbria University has published this notice through Delta eSourcing
|Title:||GB-Newcastle Upon Tyne: T21/0009 CubeSat Hardware and Services|
|Notice type:||Competitive Contract Award Notice|
|Nature of contract:||Not applicable|
View Full Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Newcastle Upon Tyne: T21/0009 CubeSat Hardware and Services
1. Title: GB-Newcastle Upon Tyne: T21/0009 CubeSat Hardware and Services
2. Awarding Authority:
Pandon Building, Camden Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 0191 227 4303, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk
Contact: Jon Borley, Attn: Jon Borley
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Satellite antennas. Satellite-related communications equipment. Satellite communications equipment. Satellite platforms. Spacecraft, satellites and launch vehicles. Satellites. Communication satellites. The space communications sector is currently booming with the emergence of low cost, short-turnaround and high production rate satellites, such as CubeSats, small-sats and low earth orbit (LEO) constellations. Here we explicitly refer to the CubeSat technology although much of what we propose could be applied to all forms of small-satellite platforms. One significant drawback for CubeSats is that they are not currently applicable for data intensive applications, spanning from commercial telecommunications to remote sensing science missions (Earth observation, solar/terrestrial and astrophysics). We are seeking a supplier who can provide us with expert knowledge of the thermal and mechanical environment of CubeSats in low Earth polar Sun-synchronous orbits, as well as the listed 3U CubeSat hardware, so that we can incorporate and lab demonstrate (TRL-7) a prototype system for 1 Gbps FSO-based CubeSat-to-CubeSat (C2C) communications.
5. CPV Codes:
32324310 - Satellite antennas.
32530000 - Satellite-related communications equipment.
32531000 - Satellite communications equipment.
32534000 - Satellite platforms.
34712000 - Spacecraft, satellites and launch vehicles.
34712200 - Satellites.
35631100 - Communication satellites.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC - NORTH EAST (ENGLAND)
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: NORTH EAST (ENGLAND),
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T21.0009 CubeSat Hardware and Services
9. Awarded to:
Solar Space EOOD
1A Flora str, 1404, Sofia, 1404, Bulgaria
Tel. +359 888 083 591, Email: email@example.com, URL: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk
Contact: Vladislav Nikolov, Attn: Vladislav Nikolov
Value Cost: 130,000
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 15/11/2021
11. Number of Tenders Received: 1
12. Other Information:
Other Information: To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 22/11/2021
Period of Work End date: 30/04/2022