Northumbria University has published this notice through Delta eSourcing
|Title:||GB-Newcastle Upon Tyne: T21-0046 Radiation TID Facility|
|Notice type:||Competitive Contract Award Notice|
|Nature of contract:||Not applicable|
View Full Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Newcastle Upon Tyne: T21-0046 Radiation TID Facility
1. Title: GB-Newcastle Upon Tyne: T21-0046 Radiation TID Facility
2. Awarding Authority:
Northumbria University at Newcastle
Sutherland Building, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 0191 2274303, Email: email@example.com, URL: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk
Contact: Jill Black, Attn: Jill Black
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: X-ray devices. X-ray table. X-ray workstations. X-ray processing devices. X-ray fluoroscopy devices. Apparatus for measuring radiation. Radiation dosimeters. Radiation monitors. Non-medical equipment based on the use of radiation. We require an x-ray irradiation facility capable of providing a total ionising dose to electronics components at a rate between 0.5 and 3 Gy(Si)/s to a total of 1000 Gy(Si). The x-rays must have sufficient energy to penetrate into exposed electronic components to a depth of a few mm, this means that a minimum energy requirement is 100 keV but higher energies are desirable, subject to safety constraints. The system must be compliant with UK national standards for safety; Safety of Machinery standard: ISO 13849-1:2015, and the Ionising Radiations Regulations – IRR 2017. This means that there must be shielding to reduce the radiation to background levels outside of the testing chamber and that there must be a secure interlock system with a safe failure state such that the system will not function with the door open, as well as a keyed initiation system. This system should be provided with all relevant cooling and control and command systems needed for operation, as well as a dosimeter capable of tracking the dose provided inside the chamber. The facility will be used in a laboratory installed on the second floor and so must be small enough to transport into that space.
5. CPV Codes:
33111000 - X-ray devices.
33111100 - X-ray table.
33111200 - X-ray workstations.
33111300 - X-ray processing devices.
33111400 - X-ray fluoroscopy devices.
38341000 - Apparatus for measuring radiation.
38341200 - Radiation dosimeters.
38341600 - Radiation monitors.
38580000 - Non-medical equipment based on the use of radiation.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC - NORTH EAST (ENGLAND)
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: NORTH EAST (ENGLAND),
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T21/0046
9. Awarded to:
Euroteck Systems UK Limited
National ID: 4475290, NDT House 61 Kepler, Lichfield Road Industrial Estate , Tamwork, B79 7XE, United Kingdom
Tel. 01827 312455 , Email: IanW@euroteck.co.uk, URL: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk
Attn: Ian Winstanley
Value Cost: 79,150
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 15/02/2022
11. Number of Tenders Received: 1
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 21/02/2022
Period of Work End date: 20/02/2024