GB-Leeds: Sustainable Waste Management Consultant
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Leeds: Sustainable Waste Management Consultant
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Leeds
Purchasing Office, Level 11, Worsley Building, Leeds, LS2 9JZ, United Kingdom
Tel. 0113 343 3916, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: https://neupc.delta-esourcing.com/delta/viewNotice.html?noticeId=712543774
Contact: Joanne Jordan, Attn: Joanne Jordan
3. Contract Type: Services
Sub Type: Management consultant services and related services.
4. Description: Consulting services for water-supply and waste consultancy. The University of Leeds has approximately 14 waste handling contracts or agreements with an estimated annual cost in the region of £650k. These vary in risk and volume, from the recycling of computers to hazardous waste. Following the approval in November 2021 of the University of Leeds Climate Plan, seven principles were brought to life through a University-wide collaboration between the sustainability service, professional services, students and academic colleagues. It maps out how the University will deliver key climate commitments, including reducing greenhouse gas emissions, supporting a net zero city, delivering sustainable travel, enabling responsible investment, shaping institutional decision-making, and refocusing research and education.
The plan also carefully considers how to achieve resilience to the impacts of climate change across University operations and supports a just transition – ensuring that all groups and members of the University community are considered and accounted for on the journey to a low carbon future. With this in mind, and in line with our net zero goal by 2030, we are looking to significantly reshape and minimise the waste we generate and dispose of. Applying circular solutions wherever reasonably practicable. The University intends to enter into a contractual relationship with a service provider that can provide an innovative solution, supporting the University in meeting its current and future objectives in relation to sustainable waste management, recycling and circularity.
We are therefore looking to appoint a sustainable waste consultant to assist us on this journey, and deliver our key objectives outlined in the specification.
5. CPV Codes:
71800000 - Consulting services for water-supply and waste consultancy.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKE42 - Leeds
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Leeds,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category J: 25K to 50K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 31/08/2022 12:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 12/09/2022
Period of Work End date: 31/10/2022