GB-Middlesbrough: NZIIC Pyrolysis Research Plant
Competitive Contract Award Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Middlesbrough: NZIIC Pyrolysis Research Plant
1. Title: GB-Middlesbrough: NZIIC Pyrolysis Research Plant
2. Awarding Authority:
Borough Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 3BA, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 1642342166, Email: email@example.com, URL: http://www.tees.ac.uk/
Contact: Procurement, Attn: Procurement
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Industrial machinery. The Net Zero Industry Innovation Centre (NZIIC) is an innovative new £13.5m facility and key component of Tees Valley Combined Authority's regional innovation strategy, which will position Teesside firmly at the heart of the UK's green industrial revolution.
Supporting the ongoing drive for clean energy and sustainability, the NZIIC is the latest development at the expanding Net Zero Innovation Hub, spearheaded by Teesside University and based on the Tees Advanced Manufacturing Park (TeesAMP) in Middlesbrough. The Net Zero Innovation Hub brings together expert insight, resources and partnerships to grow net zero capabilities and opportunities, placing the region at the forefront of the clean energy agenda and helping to create hundreds more clean energy jobs.
Set to be a national centre of excellence, the Net Zero Innovation Hub draws on Teesside University's expertise in clean energy and sustainability, which last year saw the launch of two brand-new centres aligned to this ongoing work – the Circular Economy and Recycling Innovation Centre and the Industrial Decarbonisation and Hydrogen Innovation Centre, both set up in partnership with TWI. As well as working closely with TWI, the centre will link to pilot plant facilities at the Materials Processing Institute (MPI) site in Redcar.
The NZIIC will be industry-led and industry-focused in its approach, working with business partners and key organisations including the Materials Processing Institute and TWI and will focus on developing new approaches to tackle the impact of waste and pollution on the environment, utilising expertise around industrial decarbonisation.
5. CPV Codes:
42000000 - Industrial machinery.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC1 - Tees Valley and Durham
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Tees Valley and Durham,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: 21.156
9. Awarded to:
Markenhaven , AC Amersfoort, 2268 38, Netherlands
Tel. 085-3033505, Email: Peter.firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: www.tees.ac.uk
Contact: Peter Klaren, Attn: Procurement
Value Cost: 27,990
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: Yes
10. Date of Contract Award: 27/05/2022
11. Number of Tenders Received: 1
12. Other Information:
Other Information: To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 01/07/2022
Period of Work End date: 01/09/2022