GB-Newcastle: T21/0079 SME collaboration hub
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Newcastle: T21/0079 SME collaboration hub
2. Awarding Authority:
Northumbria University at Newcastle
Sutherland Building, Newcastle, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 07429334777, Email: email@example.com
Contact: Angelique Borsboom, Attn: Angelique Borsboom
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Communication and multimedia software package. Communication and multimedia software development services. Sales, marketing and Business intelligence software package. Northumbria University has the vision of undertaking a digitally transformative social project which would see the creation of a suite of technology services used to create an “Alumni Hub” (AH), by drawing upon the conceptual underpinnings of communities of practice, learning communities and network governance.
The vision of the project is to create a social collaborative platform where Alumni and SME’s can interact digitally, compiled through the use of open-source components to allow the publishing, sharing and editing of a variety of documents and content, such as but not limited to academic papers and reports. Alumni and SME’s would also have the ability to communicate and build relationships between themselves, e.g. Alumni to Alumni, SME’s to SME’s or Alumni to SME’s, via a variety of channels, for example either via a private chat function or by posting updates in the form of a community forum which can be archived for future reference. Service providers would then be able to use data and information collected within the platform, which can then be reported upon.
This AH would initially consist of registered Northumbria Alumni and recognised SME’s who are based in the North East of England, with the opportunity of expanding operations geographically in the future. Whilst also having the ability to develop the project into a commercial vehicle, including the capacity to accept payment for a service in a secure and compliant manner e.g. in line with PCI compliance.
As we are a Newcastle based university, the project would look to further develop and invest in one or multiple North-East SME’s so that the platform will be built and designed from a business users perspective, e.g. by SME’s for SME’s. The AH platform will need be technically intuitive and dynamic, with the method of design and development conducted through the employment of the Newcastle Living Lab to facilitate a co-produced, hands-on, projection-oriented approach to specifying a socio-technical system. The AH platform would be created, managed and owned by the potential supplier, including but not limited to areas of intellectual property, storage of user/sensitive data and PCI compliant payment mechanisms if the platform were to become commercialised.
5. CPV Codes:
48500000 - Communication and multimedia software package.
72212500 - Communication and multimedia software development services.
48480000 - Sales, marketing and Business intelligence software package.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC - NORTH EAST (ENGLAND)
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: NORTH EAST (ENGLAND),
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T21/0079
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category I: 50K to 100K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 01/07/2022 18:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 01/08/2022
Period of Work End date: 31/07/2025
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no