GB-Middlesbrough: NZIIC Furnaces
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Middlesbrough: NZIIC Furnaces
2. Awarding Authority:
Borough Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 3BA, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 1642342166, Email: email@example.com, URL: http://www.tees.ac.uk/
Contact: Procurement, Attn: Procurement
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Industrial or laboratory furnaces, incinerators and ovens. The contract is for the supply, installation and training of three high temperature furnaces for materials calcination and sintering.
The Net Zero Industry Innovation Centre (NZIIC) is receiving up to £13.5m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
The NZIIC development at TEESAMP (the advanced manufacturing park) located in Middlesbrough will provide a vehicle to grow research and innovation capacity underpinned by PhD programmes and academic provision for clean energy, low carbon and hydrogen technologies. NZIIC infrastructure will provide facilities to develop high quality research and innovative solutions to industry challenges in collaboration with industrial partners and local industry. NZIIC aims to become a hub for academia and industry to facilitate and help resource focused strategic investment in technical, industrial research and leadership capability to establish TU as a significant player in the UK’s Net Zero.
5. CPV Codes:
42300000 - Industrial or laboratory furnaces, incinerators and ovens.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC1 - Tees Valley and Durham
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Tees Valley and Durham,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: 21.158
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category J: 25K to 50K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 03/06/2022 17:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 04/07/2022
Period of Work End date: 31/12/2022
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no