GB-Newcastle upon Tyne: T21/0050 - Avid system replacement
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Newcastle upon Tyne: T21/0050 - Avid system replacement
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Northumbria at Newcastle
Ellison Building, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 01912273854, Email: email@example.com
Contact: Liam Blackie, Attn: Liam Blackie
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Computer equipment and supplies. Apparatus for sound, video-recording and reproduction. The Faculty of Arts, Design and Social Sciences, is seeking to replace its Avid ISIS and Interplay storage and production management infrastructure as the components are end of life or near end of life.
The system is used to provide a secure, high bandwidth storage solution to enable post production of student digital media work using software applications such as Avid Media Composer, Avid Protools, Blackmagic Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects.
The infrastructure is currently the backbone to almost 60 workstation clients that support learning and teaching across a number of subject areas including Film and TV production, Media and Journalism, Film and TV studies, Film Foundation Fine Art, Graphic Design. The faculty also has an ambition to grow its postgraduate offering in Film and Media related subjects and engage in partnerships with external production companies that may also use the facilities.
Interplay/ production management was added to the current ISIS primarily to support the Journalism degree and provide access to Media Composer Cloud for students. The Journalism degree is no longer in operation and the University now runs a Citrix remote access solution to access workstations on Campus.
The current workstation breakdown consists of:
•54 x hp z440 workstations. These are split across computer labs and bookable editing booths
•1 x Mac Pro within a Colour Grading suite
•1x Mac Pro within a Audio Suite
All workstations contain dual network cards. In November 2021 the University simplified its workflow to just using the ISIS without the workgroup facility to allow segregation from the campus to fulfil Cyber Essentials due to the old OS of the ISIS Hardware.
The faculty is an Avid Learning Partner and can deliver Media Composer certification at 100 and 200 level. Media Composer licenses are provided through the partnership.
5. CPV Codes:
30200000 - Computer equipment and supplies.
32330000 - Apparatus for sound, video-recording and reproduction.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC - NORTH EAST (ENGLAND)
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: NORTH EAST (ENGLAND),
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T21/0050
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category I: 50K to 100K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 08/04/2022 12:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
Ellison Building, Ellison Place
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 02/05/2022
Period of Work End date: 08/05/2027
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no