GB-Newcastle Upon Tyne: T20-0042 Cryostat with Temperature Controller and Vacuum-Pumping Station
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Newcastle Upon Tyne: T20-0042 Cryostat with Temperature Controller and Vacuum-Pumping Station
2. Awarding Authority:
Pandon Building, Camden Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 0191 227 4303, Email: email@example.com, URL: https://neupc.delta-esourcing.com/
Contact: Jon Borley, Attn: Jon Borley
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses). Northumbria University are looking to procure a closed-cycled refrigeration-based cryostat for impedance and optical spectroscopy. The cryostat should be able operate in the temperature range of <5K to 320K and should be able to cool down to the temperature < 5K within 4 hours. The cryostat should be computer-programmable using a temperature controller with a PC-interface. The cryostat should be able to maintain and change the temperature with at least a resolution of ± 0.1K. The compressor refrigeration system should be supplied with a recirculating chiller system to avoid any requirement of continuous water-supply. The cryostat system should also include a turbomolecular pumping based vacuum system along with a pressure gauge at the pump and necessary coupling accessories.
The cryostat will be used for optical, photocurrent and impedance spectroscopies of semiconductor films and photovoltaic devices. Therefore, should come with suitable sample holders to accommodate samples with ease (and if possible, without soldering contacts) of sizes upto 1.5cm x 1.5cm x 0.35cm as well as suitable feedthroughs for DC (<500 mA) and AC (<500 mA peak-to-peak, 1 mHz to 1 MHz current-voltage measurements and windows for measurement in 300-1800 nm range. The heating capacity of the cryostat should be sufficient to maintain lowest temperature under radiative heating of semiconductor films or devices under at least 150 mW of Visible-NIR (300 – 1800 nm) monochromatic or broadband light sources. This instrumentation will be primarily used as a part of a UKRI-EPSRC funded project on the Solution-Processed Inorganic Thin-Film Photovoltaic Devices (SolPV).
5. CPV Codes:
38000000 - Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses).
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC - NORTH EAST (ENGLAND)
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: NORTH EAST (ENGLAND),
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T20-0042 Cryostat with Temperature Controller and Vacuum-Pumping Station
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category J: 25K to 50K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 25/06/2021 12:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 15/07/2021
Period of Work End date: 31/07/2021
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no