GB-newcastle: T20/0046 HPC expansion
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-newcastle: T20/0046 HPC expansion
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Northumbria at Newcastle
Sutherland building, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1XE, United Kingdom
Tel. 07429334777, Email: email@example.com, URL: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/
Contact: Angelique Borsboom, Attn: Angelique Borsboom
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Data-processing machines (hardware). Northumbria University has an HPC cluster (Oswald) which utilises Intel Omniopath (OPA) as the node interconnection fabric. As Intel has stopped future development of OPA we want to migrate to use Mellanox Infiniband node interconnection fabric.
We have a requirement to expand the cluster by adding another 12 compute nodes which will be connected using IB. We must keep the current cluster intact and operational, so we need to add an OPA-IB Bridge (LNET-Router) and then migrate our current nodes over to IB over time.
We also require another 120TB of storage as a SAS connected JBOD.
•12 Nodes, ~120TB storage, Infiniband Switch, OPA-IB Bridge(Lnet Router)
•All hardware to be SuperMicro based, with the exception of the Infiband switch.
5. CPV Codes:
30210000 - Data-processing machines (hardware).
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC2 - Northumberland and Tyne and Wear
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Northumberland and Tyne and Wear,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T20/0046
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 17/05/2021 13:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 24/05/2021
Period of Work End date: 24/05/2024
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no