Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Newcastle: T20/0047
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Northumbria at Newcastle
Sutherland Building, College Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 01912273854, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: northumbria.ac.uk
Contact: Liam Blackie, Attn: Liam Blackie
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses). Checking and testing apparatus. Measuring instruments. Instruments for checking physical characteristics. Northumbria university requires an atomic layer deposition (ALD) system for the conformal deposition of ultra-thin films with low pinhole densities for nanometer scale structures and devices. The system should be upgradeable and expandable in nature (e.g. plasma enhanced, additional lines) to allow for multi-disciplinary R&D activities and future range of materials. The ALD system should allow for repeatable and controllable ultra-thin films from recipes and also allow the user to develop their own process/recipes. The ALD system should be ready to commission onsite by simply connecting to the Lab services, therefore, all associated components are to be included, such as (not limited to) vacuum pumps, abatement for safe disposal of exhaust gases, system control and monitoring.
5. CPV Codes:
38000000 - Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses).
38500000 - Checking and testing apparatus.
38300000 - Measuring instruments.
38400000 - Instruments for checking physical characteristics.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC2 - Northumberland and Tyne and Wear
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Northumberland and Tyne and Wear,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T20/0047
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 18/05/2021 12:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 01/10/2021
Period of Work End date: 01/10/2024
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no