Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Newcastle: T20/0039
1. Title: GB-Newcastle: T20/0039
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Northumbria at Newcastle
Sutherland Building, College Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 01912273854, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: northumbria.ac.uk
Contact: Liam Blackie, Attn: Liam Blackie
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses). Checking and testing apparatus. Instruments for checking physical characteristics. "The university requires a dual chamber high vacuum thin-film deposition system with multiple magnetron sputtering sources, load-lock, and all associated vacuum pumps, system control and monitoring.
This equipment will support our expanding research in photovoltaics primarily around thin film inorganic materials. Thin film photovoltaic technology around chalcopyrite, kesterite and other chalcogenide material represents the bulk of the current research. The sputtering system will be used to prepare front and back electrodes, transparent conductive oxides, barrier layers and other optical layers rather than the absorber layer itself. We are looking for maximum flexibility and also an upgradable system. The system will not be located in a clean room.
5. CPV Codes:
38000000 - Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses).
38500000 - Checking and testing apparatus.
38400000 - Instruments for checking physical characteristics.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC2 - Northumberland and Tyne and Wear
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Northumberland and Tyne and Wear,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T20/0039
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 20/04/2021 12:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: Deadline extended by one week. TKR-202149-PRO-18060072
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 01/10/2021
Period of Work End date: 01/10/2024
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no