GB-Lincoln: The Bridge (Research and Development) Building
Competitive Contract Award Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Lincoln: The Bridge (Research and Development) Building
1. Title: GB-Lincoln: The Bridge (Research and Development) Building
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Lincoln
Campus Way, Lincoln, LN6 7TS, United Kingdom
Tel. 01522 886058, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Jena Arnold
3. Contract Type: Works
Sub Type: Design and Execution
4. Description: Building construction work. This is a contract award notice for the main contractor for the construction of the University of Lincoln's Advanced Engineering and Research Development Building (Bridge R&D). The contractor is required to undertake RIBA stages 5-7.
The Bridge R&D building is designed to be a collaborative research facility acting as a bridge between industry partners and the University. The facility, situated adjacent to the Lincoln Science and Innovation Park, will include a series of laboratory spaces housing specialist equipment such as a Transmission Electron Microscope and all spaces purpose built to reduce interference with external factors to the equipment within the building.
The laboratory spaces include the following:
1. Electron Microscopy Lab
2. Clean Room (ISO Class 6)
3. Wet Lab
4. Dry Lab
5. Materials Lab
At approx. 750sqm, the design of the building has been completed to RIBA Stage 4.
The scheme is externally funded by the European Regional Development Fund along with the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership via the Single Local Growth Fund.
The scheme is required to achieve BREEAM Excellent and is currently on target to achieve this. Full planning permissions for the scheme has been received.
The University has conducted a below OJEU two stage procedure including a Shortlisting Questionnaire, followed by a second tender stage for the shortlisted contractors.
5. CPV Codes:
45210000 - Building construction work.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKF3 - Lincolnshire
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Lincolnshire,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: 319
9. Awarded to:
Henry Brothers Limited
108-114 Moneymore Road, Magherafelt, BT45 6HJ, United Kingdom
Tel. 028 7963 1631
Attn: Rodney Hassan
Value Cost: 3,077,982.68
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 19/03/2021
11. Number of Tenders Received: 5
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The scheme is externally funded by the European Regional Development Fund along with the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership via the Single Local Growth Fund.
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 26/04/2021
Period of Work End date: 11/04/2022