GB-Newcastle: Infrastructure & Cloud Strategy & Design Services
Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Newcastle: Infrastructure & Cloud Strategy & Design Services
1. Title: GB-Newcastle: Infrastructure & Cloud Strategy & Design Services
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Northumbria at Newcastle
Sutherland Building, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 07429334777, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: www.northumbria.ac.uk
Contact: Angelique Borsboom, Attn: Angelique Borsboom
Sub Type: Computer and related services.
4. Description: IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support. Northumbria University is seeking a partner to work alongside the internal IT Services infrastructure team to shape and then transform their network and compute hardware, and facilities.
The future vision is a new technical infrastructure at Northumbria that does not block innovation for teaching and research across the University. In parallel, IT Services is looking to reduce costs, reduce the on-premises footprint and utilise cloud services where possible. The selected partner will work with specialists at Northumbria to design a software-defined data centre utilising hyper-converged infrastructure to aid monitoring, alerting and security. The design will also need to comprise a modern backup solution and a re-design of the existing on-premises data centres to accommodate the overall architecture.
The successful partner for this collaborative engagement will assist us to produce an Infrastructure & Cloud Strategy for the University, an architectural roadmap for the delivery of the strategy and a high-level design of the end-state architecture.
To initially respond to this expression of interest, please provide an overview of how you would approach this opportunity both practically and commercially as requested in the opportunity in our Delta system.
5. CPV Codes:
72000000 - IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC2 - Northumberland and Tyne and Wear
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Northumberland and Tyne and Wear,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T20/0016
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category I: 50K to 100K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 01/02/2021 13:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: Extension of due date from 29/1 12.00 to 01/02 13.00 TKR-2021128-PRO-17704651
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 01/04/2021
Period of Work End date: 30/09/2021
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no