GB-Middlesbrough: ERDF - Smart Tuyere Sensor for Peel Jones Copper Products Ltd
Competitive Contract Award Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Middlesbrough: ERDF - Smart Tuyere Sensor for Peel Jones Copper Products Ltd
1. Title: GB-Middlesbrough: ERDF - Smart Tuyere Sensor for Peel Jones Copper Products Ltd
2. Awarding Authority:
Borough Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 3BX, United Kingdom
Tel. 01642 218121, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: www.tees.ac.uk
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Information technology services. Engineering services. ERDF funded - Peel Jones Copper Products (PJCP) recently completed a Knowledge Transfer Partnership to investigate opportunities to optimise the performance of blast furnaces through innovative design and manufacture of blast furnace castings, utilising materials processing optimisation, embedded monitoring systems and advanced manufacturing processes.
This provided the understanding of Tuyere failure and the ability to predict failure by measuring wear of pure copper from within the Blast Furnace which would offer a significant USP to differentiate PJCP from its competitors. It also instigated discussions regarding a live blast furnace trial of the sensor, with a well-established blast furnace operator, who have provided a Letter of Support confirming their interest in the solution and intent to support a formal trial.
Preliminary investigation into the likely stages and costs required to move to commercialisation of this innovative product has informed this tender. It was confirmed that sensor technology for measuring wear on copper products could very likely be achieved using a novel sensor array. The approach would need to combat the challenge of measurement of copper which is traditionally difficult, in the high temperature environment of a blast furnace (2000C). Therefore, the specification for this project is to develop a prototype SMART Tuyere sensor, to address these challenges and provide a cost effective solution
5. CPV Codes:
72222300 - Information technology services.
71300000 - Engineering services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC1 - Tees Valley and Durham
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Tees Valley and Durham,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: 20.21
9. Awarded to:
Southfield Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 3BX, United Kingdom
Tel. 01642 384575
Attn: Rachel Frampton
Value Cost: 16,558
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 12/11/2020
11. Number of Tenders Received: 1
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 16/11/2020
Period of Work End date: 30/04/2021