GB-Lincoln: The Bridge (Research and Development) Building
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Lincoln: The Bridge (Research and Development) Building
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Lincoln
Campus Way, Lincoln, LN6 7TS, United Kingdom
Tel. 01522 886058, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Jena Arnold
3. Contract Type: Works
Sub Type: Design and Execution
4. Description: Building construction work. This is a competitive contract notice for a main contractor for the construction of the University of Lincoln's Advanced Engineering Research and Development Building (Bridge R&D). The contractor is required to undertake RIBA stages 5-7.
The Bridge R&D building is designed to be a collaborative research facility acting as a bridge between industry partners and the University. The facility, situated adjacent to the Lincoln Science and Innovation Park, will include a series of laboratory spaces housing specialist equipment such as a Transmission Electron Microscope and all spaces purpose built to reduce interference with external factors to the equipment within the building.
The laboratory spaces include the following:
1. Electron Microscopy Lab
2. Clean Room (ISO Class 6)
3. Wet Lab
4. Dry Lab
5. Materials Lab
At approx. 750sqm, the design of the building has been completed to RIBA Stage 4.
The scheme is externally funded by the European Regional Development Fund along with the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership via the Single Local Growth Fund.
The scheme is required to achieve BREEAM Excellent and is currently on target to achieve this. Full planning permissions for the scheme has been received.
The University is conducting a below OJEU two stage procedure including a Shortlisting Questionnaire, followed by a second tender stage for the shortlisted contractors. Additional information, including the shortlisting criteria are available in the Shortlisting Questionnaire Instructions document, the Shortlisting Questionnaire and the Contractor Briefing Pack.
5. CPV Codes:
45210000 - Building construction work.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKF3 - Lincolnshire
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Lincolnshire,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: 319
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category F: 1M to 5M
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 21/09/2020 12:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The scheme is externally funded by the European Regional Development Fund along with the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership via the Single Local Growth Fund.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 01/06/2021
Period of Work End date: 30/06/2022
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no