GB-Newcastle upon Tyne: T19/0043 Merchant platform
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Newcastle upon Tyne: T19/0043 Merchant platform
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Northumbria at Newcastle
Sutherland Building, College Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom
Tel. 07429334777, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.northumbria.ac.uk
Contact: Angelique Borsboom, Attn: Angelique Borsboom
3. Contract Type: Services
Sub Type: Financial services: Insurance services and Banking and investment services.
4. Description: Financial consultancy, financial transaction processing and clearing-house services. Northumbria University is undertaking several transformative project across it professional services departments. As part of these projects, we are also reviewing the underlying technologies. The scope of this particular enquiry is our merchant platform.
The service of Merchant Acquirer / Payment Service Provider to facilitate a payment processing service for all major credit and debit cards. Processing needs to be possible online, on a card terminal and over the telephone which means that the platform needs to support transactions with and without the cardholder being present. In total, we processed 136,970 transactions in 2019.
The platform must include at a minimum:
•Capability to integrate with multiple payment platforms e.g. WPM and Netcall
•Provision of processing terminals with Chip & Pin functionality
•A merchant portal with self-service tools to run reports, manage user accounts and access transaction details in real time
•Ability to view and address disputes (chargebacks) online
•A customizable rule based risk system to mitigate fraud
•Strong multifactor customer authentication
•Offer Dynamic Currency Conversion
•Ability for us to issue refunds
We expect to issue a full tender towards the end of July. Please use the provided email address as the main means of contact until this time.
5. CPV Codes:
66170000 - Financial consultancy, financial transaction processing and clearing-house services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC2 - Northumberland and Tyne and Wear
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Northumberland and Tyne and Wear,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: T19/0043
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 22/07/2020 17:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
Sutherland Building, College Street
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.The University considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 14/09/2020
Period of Work End date: 13/09/2023
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no