GB-Middlesbrough: National Horizon Centre, Darlington
Competitive Contract Award Notice
1. Title: GB-Middlesbrough: National Horizon Centre, Darlington
2. Awarding Authority:
Borough Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 3BA, United Kingdom
Tel. 01642 342166, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: http://www.tees.ac.uk/
Contact: Procurement, Attn: Procurement
3. Contract Type: Works
Sub Type: Design and Execution
4. Description: Laboratory building construction work. The National Horizons Centre project is receiving up to £3.8m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Department for Communities and Local Government (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund.
Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations.
For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
The works comprise the design and construction of a new three storey research and teaching facility along with associated drainage and external works. The new building will provide a range of laboratory accommodation and associated support spaces to support the expansion of Teesside University's Darlington Campus. The external works will include the design and construction of new car parking, service yard and boulevard areas along with a connection to the recently completed spine road to the south.
5. CPV Codes:
45214610 - Laboratory building construction work.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC1 - Tees Valley and Durham
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Tees Valley and Durham,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Awarded to:
Wates Construction Ltd
Maple House, Tillage Green, West Park Village, Darlington, DL2 2GL, United Kingdom
Tel. 01325 394100
Value Cost: 10,626,000
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: Yes Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 21/11/2017
11. Number of Tenders Received: 4
12. Other Information:
Other Information: To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 22/11/2017
Period of Work End date: 31/03/2018