GB-Leeds: Z/3025 CAHR Project
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Leeds: Z/3025 CAHR Project
2. Awarding Authority:
University of Leeds
Purchasing Office, 1 - 3 Lifton Villas, Lifton Place, Leeds, LS2 9JZ, United Kingdom
Tel. 0113 3434104, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: www.leeds.ac.uk
Contact: Richard Trimble, Attn: Richard Trimble
3. Contract Type: Works
Sub Type: Execution
4. Description: Construction work. Building construction work. Multi-functional buildings construction work. The Universities of Leeds and Bradford have a strong history of multi-disciplinary clinical and academic collaboration in applied health research. We seek to build upon these achievements, as part of the new Leeds-Bradford Health Collaborative, to develop a world-class centre in applied health research, by consolidating existing strengths at the University of Leeds, the University of Bradford and Bradford Institute for Health Research (BIHR) to develop a high-powered tripartite research centre, incorporating activities of the three partners and including a major University-NHS translational campus at the Bradford Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (BTHFT).
The goal of the Leeds-Bradford Centre for Applied Health Research (CAHR) is to improve health services, reduce health inequalities and lead to direct patient health benefit. The CAHR will create a physical space facilitating a step-change in collaboration between the three partners in the Leeds-Bradford city region to develop a critical mass of health service research expertise in Yorkshire. The partners have existing expertise in applied research but the CAHR will further develop an integrated and interdisciplinary approach, incorporating expertise in research design, implementation sciences, psychology, social sciences, informatics and statistics, as well as skills in communicating with clinicians, scientists, policy makers, healthcare providers, public and patients.
The development of a major new Leeds-Bradford CAHR is proposed. This would bring together the creative, methodological and implementation forces necessary to foster high quality research that is nationally relevant, internationally significant and translated to the benefit of patients and society. The Centre will be a new build on the Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust site, co-located adjacent to the Bradford Institute for Health Research (BIHR). Proposed funding is via a successful application to the Wolfson Foundation, with support from the Universities of Leeds and Bradford.
5. CPV Codes:
45000000 - Construction work.
45210000 - Building construction work.
45211350 - Multi-functional buildings construction work.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKE42 - Leeds
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Leeds,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category F: 1M to 5M
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 27/10/2017 12:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The SSQ will be issued on Monday 16th October
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 02/04/2018
Period of Work End date: 29/03/2019
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no